Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Trifolium Horse-Hoof Mentorship Program

Trifolium Horse-Hoof Mentorship Program 4 years 8 months ago #231

• Tamlyn Labuschagne
  • Premium Member
  • Tamlyn Labuschagne
  • Thank you received: 1
This introduction is meant for people who are standing at a crossroads either in their trimming or in their decision-making or in their capacity to respond.

From the moment we realize we are responsible for our entire horse including their feet we stop giving total responsibility of our horses feet to someone outside or to “The Farrier”. What do we do then? How shall we take responsibility and what does that entail? Do we have to trim ourselves to be responsible with our horse’s feet? One answer is to inform ourselves, find what feels right for us in our situation and only trim ourselves should we decide that is what we want to do.

Many people in area’s where competent farriers abound it is common that all considerations regarding horses feet are automatically relegated to The Farrier. This was certainly true for me in my past. Fortunately these day’s trimmers and information abound in and amongst professional and non-professional farriers and people worldwide. We are part of the age of information. For some there is competent aide to hand. For others there is no help around and the choice is simpler to find out if one is capable to solve the problem for and by oneself.

For anyone seeking to comprehend horses feet at this time in history a haystack of information is out there on the net and this can be overwhelming. As with every subject in life there are clear and raging contradictions and oppositions out there.

Some farriers and some trimmers do a good balanced trim and know how to have horses "able to stand on their bones" properly aligned thus using their muscles only for movement. Others don't. Some people have the hand skill to trim and others don't. Finding out where you are personally in this field is a fine example of taking responsibility for your whole horse.

Here at Trifolium we have a common thread running through all three branches – it is a thread of support and nurture and self-development. It does not matter where you are currently in your quest. We are here to help improve horses welfare and to help people develop. In this Horse-Hoof branch you can do this individually through consultancy and mentorship or through a foundation course which is currently being formulated and developed.

Over time our contact and support network has spread and we can refer you to others as well - we encourage support and nurture.
Trifolium Horse-Hoof education is circular to cater for where you are in your understanding and your skill-set and to move you and your horse’s feet forward from that place.

Experience has taught the value of thoroughly evaluation. There will be a pre-requisite workshop/practical to attend prior to starting either the course or the mentorship journey with me, this is actually necessary to meet and evaluate anyone who is intending to journey with me in order for us to better cater to your personal scenario and to ensure that you have seen the work demonstrated. At this stage I offer the opportunity to spend a few apprenticeship days with me personally or if there is a group situation I can be brought to the group. Scenario discussed case by case.

Foundation materials put us all on the same page, using the same terms, taking the same case photographs supporting the horse in a sound environment and ensures your horse receives support through the changes that will occur especially while you absorb the bar apex cut technique and related changes.

All horses that one works on or intends to work on require an evaluation document to be prepared by myself, this furnishes us with a foundation to proceed from, it entails taking precise photograph views of the horse and each hoof from various angles and sending those to me. I then mark the photo's and prepare an evaluation document priced according to the hours spent working on it. This document is sent back to you digitally.

For those who do not yet know the parts of the hoof or how a hoof works the 2 years foundation course will furnish you with knowledge, understanding and the confidence that comes with them. Should you wish to begin before the official course is fully formulated we can do so on a mentorship basis which is costed out at fee per x hours.
The difference in expense is that complete beginners will have a bigger gap to cross themselves to gain the practical skill, which will entail expenses for travel to gain physical learning and additional practicums before achieving certification, which must naturally occur only at a certain skill set level and not before regardless of the course being set for a two year period. Certification is not guaranteed at the end of the two years period although progress of a student who wishes to be available to help others can be listed according to their level progressed to.

A horse’s hoof is not a solid horn structure at the end of the leg as many people assume, neither is it like our finger nail, neither is it fixed or ridged. It is in fact a dynamic moveable malleable structure of horn extruded from corium: the hoof is a metabolic organ filled with delicate tissues of nerves, blood vessels, lymph and different types of connective tissues, surrounded by highly intricate spiral structures which reversibly move through the flight and weight bearing phases of movement. There is generally a discrepancy regarding horn form and dynamic function, even amongst professional and qualified trimmers. This field is a practical science that is moving forwards continually. Trifolium via Academia Liberti have the patronage of leading edge scientists and veterinarians in this field and we are allied amongst the leading edge practitioners in field experience.

This branch as with the other 2 branches of Trifolium is a journey of discovery and of healing. Enter into this branch with an open mind realizing that any skill is attained through mindful practice and self evaluation adjustments or those pointed out by another. Understanding hooves generally leads to addressing abnormalities, which in turn leads to and through healing phases as the body adapts from wounds towards wellness. There are some cases where damage is great, and this in itself is a life changing experience for the options that brings us in personal growth.
Expect to enter here and grow as a person while you support and nurture your horse in every way that they individually need, know that this will entail changes not only as in nutrition density, but likely also extra nutrients, medicinal herbs and holistic modalities for example Homoeopathy, McTimmoney Chiropractic, Body Stress Release, BodyTalk, Massage and so on these changes will affect your horses personality and how your horse responds to their world, the changes will alter your relationship to your horse as their wellness surfaces... include yourself in this list of changes as well. Welcome to the change...
Tamlyn Labuschagne
www.hoofsupport.e-strategic.net
"Be gentle my children in using your hands and let your chief effort be mental"
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trifolium Horse-Hoof Mentorship Program 3 years 8 months ago #3041

• Tamlyn Labuschagne
  • Premium Member
  • Tamlyn Labuschagne
  • Thank you received: 1
All hooves are unique to the individual horse. Just as with human anatomy we can make generalisations and be quite right based on what we know of anatomy and physiology and observations and personal experience.
And just as with human anatomy the various schools of thought and experience there are hold differences of opinion and things are named and referred to differently. But in the main what is put in text books the world over is what we learn, absorb and repeat regardless of the new findings and advancements happening elsewhere.
Sometimes we are lucky enough to come across people who have something to offer that can help us from where we are plateaued and stuck, they help us into forwards progress once more. Such was the case with this 24 year old horse. There is a difference between going slowly and keeping a horse in prolonged pain unnecessarily.
This is an ethical issue, its also a personal choice sometimes out of our control because it is determined by our own lack of experience, or current skill level, current comprehension level, and possibly even by the current level of help available to us.

It is my hope that by mentoring closely one on one I continue to help people to help their horses all over the world to better feeling experience and living capacity.

Sometimes in order to do the most good one must do what is possible even when it is not deemed sensible or well understood by others. Sometimes the right timing is faster than one considers good or even perceives possible... the main thing is that when you understand what holds a hoof In Pathology, in a deformed shape, and you release that force... regardless of the age of the horse the horn relaxes out. The message is then: it is neither right to "go" fast nor to "go" slow it is right to read the horn and let the hoof determine exactly what can come off and how much you can get away with leaving...

The hoof will always tell us the horse will always participate when necessary, and sometimes the horse will help us by supplying a sudden movement that we are unable to control and so we end up with a cut or a slope we would not ever have deemed correct... and so we learn...

Tamlyn Labuschagne
www.hoofsupport.e-strategic.net
"Be gentle my children in using your hands and let your chief effort be mental"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds